Table of Contents
Joel Basman is a Swiss actor known for his compelling performances on screen. Born on January 23, 1990, in Zurich, Switzerland, he made his acting debut in the early 2000s. Basman gained international recognition for his roles in acclaimed films such as “A Coffee in Berlin” and “The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch.” His versatile talent and dedication to his craft have earned him numerous accolades and a prominent place in the entertainment industry. Joel Basman age is 33 years .
|Famous Name:||Joel Basman|
|Full Name:||Joel Basman|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches|
|Net Worth:||$1.5 Million|
|Famous for:||He is celebrated for his role in Tausend Ozeane (2007) and Picco (2010)|
Basman was destined to a Swiss mother and an Israeli dad. He experienced childhood in the area of Aussersihl and was raised bilingual (speaking Swiss German and Hebrew). He has one more established sister who presently lives in Israel.
Height, Weight, Body Stats:
|1st Tv (Show):||Generation War (2013)|
|1st Movie/Drama:||Lüthi und Blanc (2004-2006)|
He began his profession and played a strong young person named Zizou for the week after week drama Lüthi und Blanc. In 2007, Tobias Ineichen gave the primary part to Joel for his film Jimmie. There he played a mentally unbalanced kid. In 2008, he got the prize Shooting Star as far as concerns him as a Russian youngster on the movie Luftibus, composed by Chief Dominque de Rivaz. Joel got the Schweizer Fernsehpreis (Swiss TV-Prize) in the class film. In October 2008 he got the prize for the best fundamental part from Cinema Tous Ecrans.
In 2012, Basman got a section in the three-piece TV film Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter. He likewise played Pascal in the Swiss TV-film Ziellos (Aimless). Joel Basman played in a game called ‘Late Shift’. In 2018, Basman assumed the lead part in Wolkenbruch’s Wondrous Journey Into the Arms of a Shiksa, gotten by Netflix.
- Lüthi und Blanc (2004-2006) (Zizou Imboden)
- Mein Name ist Eugen (2004)
- Ausgrenzungen (2005)
- Breakout (2006) (Silenzio)
- Cannabis – Probieren geht über Regieren (2006) (Remo)
- Mikado (2007)
- Tausend Ozeane (2007) (Eric)
- Jimmie (2007) (Jimmie)
- Luftbusiness (2007) (Liocha)
- Happy New Year (2008) (Oskar)
- Tatort: Liebeswirren (2008) (Werner Weißenbach)
- Picco (2010) (Tommy)
- Sennentuntschi (2010) (Albert)
- Tatort: Der letzte Patient (2010) (Tim König)
- Rosannas Tochter (2010) (Ruben)
- Löwenzahn – Das Kinoabenteuer (2011) (Ronny)
- Hanna (2011) (Razor)
- Polizeiruf 110: Eine andere Welt (2012) (Dennis Kuscinsky)
- Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter (2013) (Bartel)
- Tatort: Freunde bis in den Tod (2013) (Manu)
- Draussen ist Sommer (2013) (Theo)
- Puppylove (2013) (Paul)
- Dawn (2014) (Elisha)
- The Monuments Men (2014) (German soldier)
- Ziellos (2014) (Pascal)
- Tatort: Borowski und der Himmel über Kiel (2015) (Mike Nickel)
- Land of Mine (2015) (Helmut Morbach)
- Papillon (2017) (Maturette)
- Kursk (2018) (Leo)
- Wolkenbruch’s Wondrous Journey Into the Arms of a Shiksa (2018) (Mordechai Wolkenbruch)
- Zauberer (2018) (Marcel)
- A Hidden Life (2019) (Military trainee)
- The King’s Man (2020) (Gawain)
- Storm (TBA) (Walter Storm)
FAQs about Joel Basman Actor
Who is Joel Basman?
Joel Basman is a Swiss actor born on January 23, 1990, in Zurich, Switzerland. He gained international recognition for his versatile acting skills and has appeared in various films and theater productions.
What are some notable films or TV shows Joel Basman has been in?
Joel Basman has appeared in several notable films and TV shows. Some of his prominent works include:
"Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo" (2021)
"The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" (2018)
"Das Tagebuch der Anne Frank" (2016)
"Wir sind jung. Wir sind stark." (2014)
"Night Train to Lisbon" (2013)
Has Joel Basman won any awards for his acting?
Yes, Joel Basman has received recognition for his performances and has won several awards. For his role in "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch," he won the Swiss Film Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in 2019.
Is Joel Basman active in theater as well?
Yes, Joel Basman is also active in the theater world. In addition to his film work, he has appeared in various stage productions in Switzerland.
What languages does Joel Basman speak?
Joel Basman is known for his multilingual capabilities. He is fluent in several languages, including German, English, and Hebrew.