Table of Contents
Golshifteh Farahani, the Iranian-French actress, was born on July 10, 1983, in Tehran, Iran. She gained international recognition for her remarkable performances in films like “About Elly” and “A Separation.” Golshifteh’s talent transcends borders, leading her to a successful career in both Iranian and Western cinema. Her journey has been marked by resilience and versatility, making her a celebrated figure in the global film industry. Now, she is recent 40 years .
|Famous Name:||Golshifteh Farahani|
|Full Name:||Rahavard Farahani|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches|
|Net Worth:||$1 Million|
|Famous for:||She is popular for her role in M for Mother (2006) & The Patience Stone (2012)|
She is the daughter of theatre director and actor Behzad Farahani and Fahimeh Rahim Nia. Shaghayegh Farahani is a sister that’s professional as an actress.
|Brother(s):||Azarakhsh Farahani (Actor & Music Composer)|
|Sister(s):||Shaghayegh Farahani (Actress)|
Golshifteh started studying track and piano at the age of five, and later entered a tune school in Tehran. At 14, she become solid as the lead in Dariush Mehrjui’s The Pear Tree, a role for which she gained the Crystal Roc for Best Actress.
Height, Weight, Body Stats:
|Eyes Color:||Dark Brown|
|Shoes Size:||9 (US)|
Farahani starred in the drama About Elly, which won Best Picture at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival and a Silver Bear at the Berlin International Film Festival. Farahani starred in The Patience Stone (2012), directed by means of Atiq Rahimi from his novel; it changed into favorably acquired by way of most reviewers. She additionally starred in a 2012 César Award video within the Most Promising Actors category.
She additionally played the lead role of Laura in the feature film Paterson, contrary to actor Adam Driver. The film obtained overwhelmingly tremendous reviews, scoring 96% approval on the movie site Rotten Tomatoes. In 2020, she become inside the action film Extraction as Nik Khan. She changed into slated to appear in director Dariush Mehrjui’s movie Rumi’s Kimia, so as to be based totally on Saideh Ghods’s novel Kimia Khatoon.
|1st Movie/Drama:||The Pear Tree (1998)|
In Iran, she was a member of Kooch Neshin, a band that gained the second Tehran Avenue underground rock opposition. Since leaving Iran, she has teamed up with some other exiled Iranian musician, Mohsen Namjoo; their albums “Oy” become released in October 2009.
In December 2014, she took the sixth vicinity in the annual Independent Critics Beauty List of 2014. Since moving to Paris, she has labored with directors Roland Joffé, Huner Saleem, and Marjane Satrapi, among others, and was a member of the international jury on the 63rd Locarno Film Festival.
- The Pear Tree (1998) (Mim)
- Seven Acts (2001) (Fereshteh)
- Zamaneh (2002) (Zamaneh)
- Two Angels (2003) (Azar)
- Somewhere Else (2004) (Raha)
- Boutique (2004) (Eti)
- The Tear of the Cold (2004) (Ronak)
- The Fish Fall in Love (2005) (Touka)
- Bab’Aziz (2005) (Noor)
- Gis Borideh (2006) (Maryam)
- In the Name of the Father (2006) (Habibeh)
- Half Moon (2006) (Niwemang)
- M for Mother (2006) (Sepideh)
- The Music Man (2007) (Hanieh)
- To Each His Own Cinema (2007) (Herself)
- The Wall (2008) (Setareh)
- Shirin (2008) (Woman in Audience)
- Body of Lies (2008) (Aisha)
- About Elly (2008) (Sepideh)
- If You Die, I’ll Kill You (2011) (Siba)
- There Be Dragons (2011) (Leila)
- Chicken With Plums (2011) (Iran)
- The Patience Stone (2012) (The Woman)
- Just Like a Woman (2012) (Mona)
- My Sweet Pepper Land (2013) (Govind)
- Rosewater (2014) (Maryam Bahari)
- Eden (2014) (Yasmin)
- Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014) (Nefertari)
- Two Friends (2015) (Mona)
- Go Home (2015) (Nada)
- Sophie’s Misfortunes (2016) (Madame de Réan)
- Finding Altamira Conchita (2016) (Hugh Hudson)
- Paterson (2016) (Laura)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017) (Shansa)
- The Song of Scorpions (2017) (Nooran)
- Shelter (2017) (Mona)
- The Upside (2017) (Maggie)
- Santa & Cie (2017) (Amélie)
- The Night Eats the World (2018) (Sarah)
- Blind Spot (2019) (Elham)
- Arab Blues (2019) (Selma)
- Extraction (2020) (Nik Khan)
- Brother and Sister (2022) (Arnaud Desplechin)
- Extraction 2 (TBA) (Nik Khan)
- Gen:Lock (2018-2021) (Yasamin ‘Yaz’ Madrani)
- Invasion (2021) (Aneesha Malik)
Golshifteh Farahani’s net worth is estimated to be $1 Million. She is also a talented actress.
|Husband:||Amin Mahdavi ( m. 2003–div. 2013), Christos Dorje Walker (m. 2015– div. 2017)|
Social Media Accounts:
FAQs about Golshifteh Farahani Actress
Who is Golshifteh Farahani?
Golshifteh Farahani is an Iranian-French actress and musician. She is known for her work in both Iranian and international cinema.
When and where was Golshifteh Farahani born?
Golshifteh Farahani was born on July 10, 1983, in Tehran, Iran.
What are some of Golshifteh Farahani’s most famous movies?
Some of Golshifteh Farahani's notable films include "A Separation" (2011), "About Elly" (2009), "Paterson" (2016), and "The Patience Stone" (2012).
Has Golshifteh Farahani won any awards for her acting?
Yes, Golshifteh Farahani has received several awards and nominations for her performances, including a Silver Bear for Best Actress at the Berlin International Film Festival for her role in "The Patience Stone."
Is Golshifteh Farahani a musician as well?
Yes, in addition to her acting career, Golshifteh Farahani is also a talented musician. She plays the piano and has released music albums, including "There" (2007) and "Music" (2015).